Spinning for Feral Beginners

Monday, October 6, 2008

Back from NJ and PA

I first have to add the following photos: Vellan has spun some sliver from BWM that I left with her before I headed overseas. I want to grab that yarn through cyberspace!
Eh Voila!

It's so beautiful!!!! Now I'm dying to see what she does with the hand-painted Sherwood Forest I did with some of Wendy Dennis' top! WOWEEEE.





This was an experiment to see if I could dye a floral -- there are photos of this hand-paint, undyed, in a previous blog entry. Her spinning is amazing.

Speaking of amazing spinning -- I've spent the last 2 weekends in the company of the North Country Spinners, NJ -- an fab group of spinners, weavers, and knitters. Survived a very sleepless, but enjoyable retreat, then followed that up with a workshop the following Friday -- topic? Freeforming and the roll/bullion stitch. Of course, I couldn't help but insist that they purchase Prudence Mapstone's Bullions and Beyond -- a must if you want some inspiration on freeform crochet. Most, however, hadn't looked at the book. No worries, as it wasn't required, but I expected 10-12 people would be interested. Imagine my surprise when 30+ showed up, with hooks poised. It was a bit like herding cats, but we had a lot of fun negotiating the hook gymnastics as a group. Some very groovy patches started already!

So it's back to Maryland to prepare for the next SIOz outting!
Catching you later, m

No comments: