Spinning for Feral Beginners

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Fibre Dyeing

The seemingly endless runs of fibre dyeing have begun in earnest. I am getting mesmerised by colour at the moment. Drying time is a joke as it continues to  bucket here in Adelaide, but I allowed for feral weather and have plenty ready to go.

Yesterday, I mixed up a batch that can only be described as stealing the feathers from a mallard duck. Poor naked mallard! I'm sorry, but I had to borrow your plumage. It's for a good cause. This lot is an organic wool/Soysilk blend.  It's "drying" at the moment. Yes, I type this with trepidation.

Had a lovely conversation today at the market with a woman who wants to take up spindling! She was put off by a visit to a guild a while back, as they are mostly wheel spinners. Not to worry -- sent her to another place in Adelaide for all things spinning and am looking forward to catching up with her again.

Back to the dyelots. m

 

No comments: